I’ve always written – journals, diaries, some really bad poetry! And I’ve always talked a lot about writing a novel. When I moved house for about the ninth time in as many years and lost my precious notebooks, I decided the time was right to write! So I began a long short story based on two characters who refused to leave my head. I completely rewrote that story and the result was my first novel Pride and Perdita. It has many of my favourite things in it – a difficult but charismatic man, shades of Pride and Prejudice (my all time favourite book) and is inspired by the wonderful county of Herefordshire.
When I get the chance, I love to take the spaniels out for long walks. They don’t seem to appreciate the amount of time it takes to write a book and, when they see the laptop coming out, sit on my feet trying to distract me!
I’m currently working on a series of books inspired by the Jurassic Coast, where I’m lucky enough to live.
Thought this might be fun – five ‘interesting’ things about Georgia Hill!
1. I have an extensive collection of elephants – on mugs, cushions and pictures. Sadly, Hubs has banned me from owning the real thing, saying the garden just isn’t big enough for an elephant and two very naughty spaniels.
2. I’ve travelled widely, visiting Asia, the USA, much of Europe, Africa and the old USSR. Favourite place of all? Lyme Regis, Dorset.
3. I used to work in the theatre.
4. I spent four days on the Trans-Siberian Express with a film crew.
5. I once taught road safety to the US Navy.
Got a question? Email me and I’ll do my best to answer!